Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Kitchen Tile


 So for a long time we have been wanting to get our kitchen linoleum replaced with tile. The floor was dingy, had cuts in it, and was getting all kinds of torn up.



 As this crack in the floor continued to separate and break into pieces we were finally pushed over the edge and decided to bite the bullet.



 After spending a good two months looking at different tiles from five different stores we were finally able to come to an agreement on a tile! The price of the tile was no longer a factor in our decision making process as long as we agreed upon it. Which meant we went with a $7.50 per square foot tile! It was seriously a very painful process and I hope we never have to build a home from scratch cause it would never get done!


 Once it was finally time for the project to get rolling we lived 'apartment' style for a little over a week. We ate out a lot or used the microwave to cook our meals. It was really only fun the first two days and then I was ready to be done.


 I am so OCD I just can't stand living with all that junk piled around us and not in it's place! Not to mention the dust, fumes, and dirt all over our first floor. Ugh!



But in the end we were really happy with the finished product.



We love the tile and couldn't be happier with the people who put it in! 


I was so scared that we would pick something out and then hate it or it wouldn't go well with our kitchen. But in the end we are very happy with the tile we decided on. And I love how it is on the diagonal too. Now we just need to do the counters, cabinets, and appliances and our kitchen make over will be complete! Ha ha ha ha ha! But not anytime too soon. :)

2 comments:

MeganRuth said...

Looks fantastic! I agree finding something both agree on is brutally tough. We have yet to find a backsplash we like and it's been over 2 years. :) Well done! Tho the living with no kitchen definitely is no fun. Way to survive.

Andrea said...

It looks great! We've yet to do a big remodel like that.