Before the twins were born the Dorrance/Buty side of the family was planning a family reunion. I went ahead and committed our family to attend so we couldn't back out. I'm so glad we went!
It was held down in Folly Beach, SC which is about a 4.5 hour drive from home. This would be our first big road trip with the twins. I was so nervous about forgetting to pack something and the drive down. Luckily on the way there the boys slept great and we only had to stop once!
The Dorrance siblings all stayed in a big fancy house right on the water. We got an air B n B with my siblings to save a little money and to not drive everyone crazy with screaming babies. It worked out great! We had our own place to retreat to, but then could come and visit with everyone during the day.
I was so excited to see my siblings and my Aunts and Uncles! It had been a long time since we had seen some of them. Now that my grandma has passed away, we don't see everyone on a yearly basis anymore.
The weekend was hosted by my dad's cousin Mary Buty. She lives in Folly Beach and organized everything! Her mom, my Great Aunt Helen is still living and we all gathered to celebrate her 90th birthday!
The weekend was filled with visiting and amazing food!
I'm pretty sure I gained at least 10 lbs!
My Uncle Lew Jack and his wife Linda.
Donovan and Mary taking turns with Hunter.
Mary and my great Aunt Helen.
She isn't all there anymore which is very sad, but it was still a nice occasion to get everyone together to celebrate.
We weren't the youngest ones there, but we were the only ones with kids! My dad's cousins children, Joey and Gina, aren't married yet.
The twins sure did get a lot of attention!
Here are the Dorrance/Buty descendants.
Fancy lunch to celebrate at High Cotton in downtown Charleston.
All the ladies!
My Uncle Lew Jack (Lewis Jackson) who is Jackson's namesake.
I love this picture with Michelle and cousin Madeline at Hunters feet like he is some sort of king or something. LOL!
It was a good time to correct and go over family genealogy.
Jackson and his namesake!
We also got to visit with my good friend from Chapel Hill Beth and her husband Sean who live in Mount Pleasant.
I had a picture of Sean, but don't know what happened to it!
The weather was warm and mild so we got to spend some time on the beach!
Boccee, kites, and walks.
Way too cold for the water though!
My Aunt Chantal got the babies these adorable sunglasses called "Babiators". Too cute!
The last night there was the Duke/Carolina game. It was fun to watch with our extended family. And as you can see, our littles also can't take their eye of the game even to eat!
The drive home was a bit of a disaster (4.5 hours turned into 8). And with that we won't be making any big road trips again until our beach week this summer!
Thanks to Mary & Rick for hosting such a fun and amazing weekend! It was so great to see everyone and I am glad they got to meet the twins!







































1 comment:
Sorry the drive home was a disaster, but so happy you could be with family and they could all love on the twins.
Post a Comment