Thursday, April 23, 2020

Easter 2020

Holidays and special occasions are making me sad right now! We miss being able to get together with friends and family to celebrate. It is especially hard knowing my brother and sister are so close in Chapel Hill with my parents and I can't see them! Hopefully soon! 


For our Easter goodies and baskets I had to rely on whatever I could find at the grocery store and order online. 


Several basket items arrived late, but luckily Finley knows the Easter bunny isn't real anymore and the twins don't know the difference yet.


With the influx of treats the babies have been tasting all kinds of candy! This photo shows them eating their first Peep. Jackson loved it and Hunter spit it out.


Look at this cute little bunny!


This was my living room after we went through Easter baskets.


While the babies took their morning nap, Finley helped us hide some Easter eggs outside.


Then we sent him inside while we hid some up high for him to find.


I didn't get any pictures or videos of us doing the actual Easter Egg hunt because I live streamed the process on Instagram for family to watch.


I now regret doing that and wish I had some cute pictures and videos! The twins enjoyed gathering up the eggs but were easily distracted by trying to open them after they found them or trying to steal eggs out of Finley's basket.


Even though we aren't going to church right now, we still get dressed up for our at home worship.



And I also wanted some cute Easter pictures!




Check out these cuties!



And it took me a million tries to get a photo of the twins with their bunny ears on and looking at the camera. David gave up early on, but I was bound and determined to get one good picture! Here it is!


Even though it was just us, we decided to go all out and make our big Easter dinner. I might be gaining some serious weight during this quarantine life! We did have the opportunity to share our meal with local missionaries from our church who are also sheltering in place.


David had his heart set on making macaroon cookies this weekend (I am trying to limit our baking endeavors to once a week so I don't get so fat!). I decided to add my own Easter flair and turn them until little nests with eggs. The only tradition we didn't do was dying eggs and making deviled eggs. And now I am craving some deviled eggs!

We hope you had a great Easter too! Even though we missed spending it with family, being able to keep life and holidays simple has allowed us to reflect more on our Savior, the blessings in our lives, spend more quality time with one another, and focus on what we are grateful for. Happy Easter! He is Risen! Hear Him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of this and all of you! Can’t you record your zoom session?

Andrea said...

So many great pics! I love the one of Jackson trying a Peep. He looks like he knows it's going to be good! And the boys in their bunny ears are TOO CUTE. Good job hanging in there to get that pic! Ha!