Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Finley Turns 11!


Having a birthday during shelter in place orders is so hard! No big parties, no extended family visiting, and our usual dinner out and fun activities are not allowed! 


We did our very best to make Finley feel special and loved despite the lock down.


I am not normally big on decorations, but decided to do all that I could with balloons and streamers I could find at our local grocery store.



The babies loved playing with the balloons!


Hunter promptly took each balloon and kicked it down the stairs. He was having a great time!



As tradition, we allowed Finley to choose all his meals that day. First up was cinnamon rolls and mango!


He got lots of loving from his brothers and I did not make him babysit for me while I got ready for the day which is part of our normal routine. Even though I gave him an out (since it was his birthday and a school day) Finley spent the morning completing his school assignments. 



He finished up in time to go get some Taco Bell for lunch and bring it back to the house. He loves their cheesy roll ups!


After lunch I took the babies outside and set up a Zoom call with Finley and his two best friends. I honestly did not think they would have a lot to talk about, but they ended up staying on for almost 3 hours talking while playing video games online. He loved it!


Just before dinner we had some special visitors stop by. The Hoffman's came by to wish Finley a happy birthday and drop off some meringue cookies that Cora made.


We had take out again for dinner, this time from Salsaritas. This boy loves Mexican food!


Following dinner we Skyped with family while Finley opened up gifts and had Carvel Ice Cream cake. After the babies went to bed he got to stay up late and watch a movie of his choosing.


Finley's big surprise from me was a video I put together of his friends, teachers, and family wishing him a happy birthday. He was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed seeing the faces of all those who love and care about him. 



Even though we couldn't have a big party with friends or go do some fun activities, I think Finley still had a great day and felt special! Hopefully sometime soon we can have a make-up party with friends! Happy 11th birthday Finley! We love you to the moon and back!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

Looks like you did a great job celebrating Finley! He would fit in well over here, we eat lots of Mexican food, too. :) Did Caroline's video not make it to you?