Thursday, September 3, 2020

15 years!

Today we celebrate 15 years of marriage and knowing each other for almost 20!!! We were supposed to do something big and grand this year to celebrate...go to the US Open...but unfortunately due to COVID we are stuck at home watching it on TV. While we are super bummed about our missed trip and plans, we are enjoying settling into our new home and watching/playing lots of tennis together and as a family. 


To celebrate our 15th anniversary I decided to pick out 15 pictures from the past 15 years of our marriage and also list 15 things I love about David.



It was so hard to narrow down both the pictures and list, but these are some of my favorites pictures and top reasons I love David!




1) He is an amazing father! I knew this with Finley, more it has become even more evident when we welcomed the twins into our family. David is an active, helpful, and present parent and does an amazing job loving and raising our boys.



2) He is such a hard worker! David has been putting in super long hours at work lately. He works hard at his job and works hard at home with any projects and yard/house work that needs to be done.


3) We have so much in common! From playing or watching sports, to shows we like to watch, to games we like to play, or even food we like to eat. There is so much that we have in common and enjoy doing together!

4) He makes me laugh. This may not seem like a big thing, but with how crazy and chaotic life is right now this is so important!


5) He makes me feel beautiful. That sounds kind of selfish, but for me it is really important. Especially with the aftermath the twins had on my body! 


6) He supports me in all that I do! Whether it is encouraging me in tennis or editing my school papers, he is always cheering me on and telling me I've got this!



7) He forgives me when I make mistakes. I make mistakes. A lot of them. But he doesn't hold them over my head. He forgives me and loves me even though I am not always at my best.


8) He takes care of me. When I am sick, have anxieties, panic attacks, or just worried...he calms me down, holds me, and says all the right things to make me feel better.

9)  He loves my family. It can be hard when you get married and have to mesh two families together. But David fits right in, gets along well, and loves my family as much as I do. And sometimes I think they love him more than they love me! Ha!


10) He picks up my slack spiritually. This may seem like a strange answer...but when I am feeling lazy about scripture study, prayer, or calling responsibilities (especially right now), he takes the lead and makes sure our family stays on track and that our children are being taught at home.


11) He gives me space. With how crazy life is now that we are raising twin toddlers, I am so grateful that he allows me to get away and have some fun "girl" time or "me" time. He knows how crazy my days are and fully supports me in my much needed sanity breaks!


12) He spoils me! Not that I require a lot of or expensive gifts, but he is always kind, generous, and spot on when showering me with things that I love or need.


13) He lets me sleep in! LOL. How very needed at this stage of my life! I usually get up in the night with the babies because he is a heavy sleeper, but in the mornings David always gets out of bed first to go tend to the minions and try to keep them quiet so I can sleep in more! Bless you!


14) I love the family we have created together. Yes things are super crazy and hard, but these boys are amazing and I love getting to parent and raise them together.





15) I love him. Even after 15 years of marriage, 2 homes, 2 moves, 3 children, 1 miscarriage, 1 SC bar examination, a 5 year MLIS degree (still in progress), and David changing firms at least twice I still love him. We've been through a lot in these 15 years and I know we can make it through even more!

Happy 15th Anniversary baby! I love you to pieces!
US Open next year right?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you both!