Saturday, September 12, 2020

Top 15 Moments from "Our Song" (So Far ...)


It is hard to believe that we have been married for 15 years!!!  To celebrate, I wanted to run through 15 of my favorite moments from “Our Song” over the past 15 years.  I love you so much!


#15.  Cooking

I think that one of the first things that I loved doing with you was cooking!  

It was so much fun when we got to turn our love for cooking into “Chopped” game with some friends.  I am still so glad that I bought off the judges in “Chopped – Redemption”!


#14.  Topsail Island

Our trips to the beach with our entire family are so incredible!

I look forward to this trip every year because I know that we will get a chance to not only decompress a bit, but also because we get to spend so much time with family …

Good times!!!


#13.  Mother’s Day/Father’s Day

Although I have loved every Mother’s Day, I especially loved the Mother’s Day when Finley sang his Mother’s Day song to you that he learned in pre-school.  He was so proud (and so was I)!!

He is growing up too fast ...

And you always make Father’s Day such a special day (let’s be honest, you usually stretch it out to cover the entire weekend) for me.  You spoil me!!!

Gotta love a Corona-Father's Day get-together ...


#12.  Trip to Atlantis (September 2015)

And Finley reviewed this list and told me that our trip to Atlantis had to be on the list, and upon reflection, he is right!  

We had such an amazing trip to Atlantis, getting to spend some time with just our little family together in the sun!


#11.  Halloween

You always do such a great job getting our family ready for Halloween!  

Coordinating costumes and then convincing us all that we really do want to be what you have planned!  It is always so much fun every year!

#10.  Trip to Disney (September 2014)

It is hard to believe how much I enjoyed this trip.  You were such a planner that it made the trip so flawless and fun!  

Disney knows how to make a lasting impression.  When the coronavirus shut everything down, one of my first thoughts was, “Oh, no!  This is going to delay our next planned trip to Disney!”  I know, pretty silly.  But, it was such a magical trip with Finley, that I cannot wait to experience it with you and all three of our boys!

#9.  Trip to Harry Potter World (January 2018)

Speaking of “magical” trips!  Our trip to Harry Potter World with Finley was amazing.  

It was so great to get to watch Finley live in Harry Potter World for a couple of days and cast spells, ride through Gringotts, tour Hogwartz Castle ...

And , of course, drink butter beer ...

#8.  Tennis

Our tennis date nights have become one of my favorite activities, although I am concerned that very soon you are going to start beating me …  

We have Finley to thank for these great memories!

#7.  Trip to England (March 2016)

Our first international trip with a child!  As with our honeymoon (more on that later), my main concern was kidnapping … but this time, I was worried about Finley!  However, what a trip!  

It is hard to believe that we got to tour castles, watch the English national men’s soccer team play in Wembley Stadium, ride the “Eye”, visit with family, and so much more …

#6.  Christmas

Christmas time as a family has been so special!  



I especially love being able to “host” Christmas Eve dinner with all of our family, and then putting Finley (and now all of the boys) to bed, excited to see what Santa has brought in the morning!

#5.  New Homes (August 2006 & July 2020)

No better way to start out our life a married couple then to re-locate to Greensboro, NC.  I know that you thought I was moving us to the ghetto, but not everywhere can be Chapel Hill, right?  I have loved making Greensboro our new home with you and I think that we both love to call Greensboro home!  









And now we are settled into our new home in Ridgewood where I know that we will continue to make wonderful memories as a family!

#4.  Our Honeymoon (September 2005)

Our first trip together as husband and wife was a little scary.  I was convinced that we might be kidnapped for ransom in Mexico, and our first few moments after stepping off the plan did nothing to dispel my fears.  Remember all of the “drivers” who were waiting to pounce on unsuspecting tourists.

But once we arrived at the hotel, what a time we had, relaxing in the sun, watching the U.S. Open, swimming in the crystal clear water, and taking a few excursions off the property to shop and tour Chitzen Itza once we re-gained some of our bravery.

#3.  Birth of Our Sons

Finley (April 20, 2009)

We waited a while, but the wait was worth it when Finley was born on April 20, 2009.  I still remember how he came out with a “splash” and he has never stopped surprising us ever since.  You were SO strong!

Hunter & Jackson (November 3, 2018)

Speaking of surprises … the TWINS were certainly that.  We prayed so long and hard to add to our family.  You never cease to amaze me with your ability to raise two boys at once.  They sure do love their “mama”, just like the Baby Llama!!!


#2.  Our Wedding (September 3, 2005) & Temple Sealing (June 23, 2007)

Of course, my favorite moment(s) of all ... when you said “I do”!  

Not once, but twice!

#1.  Relaxing

On par with all of these great milestones, trips, activities, holidays, etc. are those moments when we get to just “chill” together because you are the love of my life!

I Love You!



1 comment:

Andrea said...

This was SO sweet to read through! Sorry corona messed up your celebrations for this year, but happy you have so many amazing memories to look back on. And hopefully this dumb virus will go away so you can make many more.