Tuesday, February 1, 2022

New Year's Day Polar Plunge


Our good (new) friends the Navarro's live right on a beautiful lake. Every time we go out there for a visit or event I call it "Camp Navarro" since they have all kinds of fun outdoor activities. Activities include swimming, canoeing, archery, swings, badminton, a trampoline, air hockey, a campfire...the list goes on and on! 
It's always a fun time!


This is going on their second year in their house and their second annual New Year's Day polar plunge. They build a huge fire and everyone takes turns jumping in the lake and then runs straight to the fire to warm up. 



We got super lucky this year and the high on New Year's Day was 74 degrees. Two days later it was only 38. 


Finley and I both decided to participate. David and the littles were not interested lol.


My girl Jess!


I decided to jump with Jess' niece Jenna who needed a friend to jump with.


It was so warm out I didn't think it would be that bad. But man when your body hits freezing cold water it takes your breath away! I couldn't even scream or talk! I just swam as fast as I could to the ladder.


We had a great afternoon at the Navarro's and we will see if we have the guts to do it again next year in most likely less favorable weather. Here's to jumping into the New Year with both feet and not looking back!
 

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Y'all are BRAVE! I am such a wimp when it comes to the cold! I'm super impressed.