Since birth we have been keeping an "eye" on Hunter's eye and having him seen by a specialist. He has a condition known as Marcus Gunn Jaw Winking Syndrome. For almost a year now he has been patching his strong eye for two hours a day to remind his weaker eye to keep working. His vision has started to slip so it was time to have a surgery to raise his eye lid up in the hopes that he will continue to use the weaker eye.
We were very nervous about the surgery because he had to be put under. Poor sweet little boy.
Everything went great and he did so well!
The first day home was a little rough, but overtime it got better and better.
It was super hard to get him to sit still enough to let me ice his swollen eye lid. I felt like it was swollen for weeks!
But eventually it healed very nicely.
We finally went back to our specialist, and she was pleased with how much his eyelid is raised. But unfortunately, Hunter has developed a stigmatism and will need glasses. So... onto the next adventure! Let's hope he takes to the glasses better than the patching!
2 comments:
I'm so glad the surgery went well! I hope everything goes how you expect in terms of long term adjustments!
Oh, it is so scary to send your baby away to be put under! I'm so happy that things went well. He looks adorable in his glasses and I hope he'll continue to have good eyesight!
Post a Comment