This past Spring, we (David) decided it was time to sign the twins up for soccer. David and Finley were going to coach the team and I would be the team mom. Though somewhere along the lines all three of us ending up coaching because the kids needed just that much help!
I think three was definitely too young to start these boys in organized sports.
There was a lot of clinging, crying, bribing, and yelling.
Somewhere along the way I think they did learn the basics of soccer.
David was very patient with the kids!
On our little team of eight, we had three sets of twins including our own. It was exhausting!
The boy's favorite part of every game was snack! And they asked when it was snack time throughout the entire game!
On our team we had one dominant player and the rest were a hot mess.
Half the time was spent convincing players to stay on the field or let go of our hands and go after the ball.
They sure were cute though!
We had several games that had to be "called" early due to pushing and shoving. The final game was no exception and poor Jackson was on the wrong end of a child who kept pushing him. Sigh.
We somehow only had half our team for the last game! We celebrated the end of the season with treats and snacks. Over the course of the season Jackson did score several goals along with preventing a few of our own players from scoring.
David wants to coach again in the fall. I do not. I think it's time to switch sports. We will see...
2 comments:
WOW! That makes me tired just hearing about it!
Good luck deciding what to do in the fall!
How the heck did you end up with THREE sets of twins on your team??? You guys are awesome for coaching. That's a HARD job.
Post a Comment