Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pumpkin Patch




This past Saturday we headed off to the pumpkin patch! 
Last year our friends told us about a great farm in Gibsonville and we never made it out there. 
This year we made sure to make it a priority so we wouldn't miss out. 




The morning started off checking out some really cool tractors. 


Luckily the farm allows you to climb on top of them. 
I think Finley would have been sad if he had to just look at them and not touch. 



Our friends the Webbs joined us for the day. 
The boys all enjoyed playing in a Shiloh filled with corn. Even Zach :). 
When they finally came out of the corn bin there was corn everywhere! 
It was literally spilling from their pockets. 
Later on that afternoon I even found some in Finley's diaper. Yuck! 


The farm also has a lot of play equipment to keep the young ones entertained. 
This see saw was great because, as you can see in the picture, it doesn't drop you to the ground!


We climbed on hay mountains and in and out of tunnels. 



There were even some rides at the pumpkin patch! 



We got to ride on a very slow hay train. 



And on a cow train. 
Poor David got stuck riding in one of the little cows crammed in there with Finley because he didn't want to ride alone. 
But they still had a fun ride!




They were really moooving!



We also got to run through a mini corn maze. 




Finley had fun picking which way to go and chasing us through the field. 
I must say I always feel a little creeped out my corn mazes. 
I think it is from all those scary movies like Signs, Children of the corn, etc. 


There was corn on the stalks so we had fun checking it out. 



And of course attempting to eat it. 




Before we headed home we picked out some pumpkins. 
They didn't have a huge selection, and I think David was disappointed that you didn't get to pick it from the patch itself, but we found some really nice ones for a reasonable price. 


And Finley had fun carting them home. 


We are really enjoying this fall weather and starting to get excited about Halloween!

4 comments:

Miss Pants said...

Haha. I love the picture of Finley eating the corn right off the stalk.

Andrea said...

That looks like such a fun place! I love the picture of Finley in silhouette emerging from the tunnel.

carrie said...

"They were really moooooving" - haha, so funny, you are Ü

I love the picture of Finley walking out of that tunnel!

davendebbie said...

Great pictures! Looks like you guys had a blast! Favorite picture was Finley trying to eat the corn on the stalk! To cute!! He likes his veggies!! : ) Love, Abuelo and Grammie