Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Road Trip!

This past weekend we loaded up the car and headed out on a road trip to see family!
What I had originally intended to be a week long road trip just turned into a extended weekend road trip. 
I am glad it wasn't longer because we were sure glad to sleep in our own beds last night and get back to our routine.  I think Finley was even getting a little homesick. 


My mom, David, Finley and I all drove up to MD on Thursday where we met up with my cousin Diana to visit and have dinner. 
We were so grateful that Diana was able to use her work connections to get us a great rate at a hotel just down the road from our cousins! Thanks Lady Di!



Friday we were able to spend the whole day with Grammie & Abuelo! 
Abuelo had a work conference in Baltimore and we got to visit with them before they headed back out to India. 


We decided to take advantage of being in the big city and see the sights. 
Finley choose to go to the B & O Railroad museum.  


Even though David was bored out of his mind, the rest of us really had a great time! 
Check out this beautiful turntable that still works!


This museum is a little boy's dream. 
So many trains to climb in and out of!


This one was my favorite because it looked just like the Hogwarts express!
(Sorry we didn't get a better photo of it!)


After climbing in and out of a lot of different trains we headed outside to check out the electric trains. 
Finley really enjoyed watching the trains go around and around. 


The weather was perfect too.


Of course they also had some little rides to partake in. Finley got to ride Choo Choo Blue and a train Carousel.  Check out that miniature village! Too cute. 


And of course you can't visit the train museum without riding a real train!


All Aboard!


The train ride was about 20 minutes to do a 1 mile track. 
So yeah, we were going pretty slow.


But it gave us plenty of time to look out the window.  


And discover the scenery. 


Later that evening we headed into DC to visit with one of David's HS buddies and his parents who were in town. We sure did get to see a lot of great people on our trip!


Saturday morning we headed over to my cousin Linda's house to visit her family and their new baby Annie!


Finley had a lot of fun visiting with 'Claire Bear' who is 3 and playing with her toys. 


My mom and I took advantage of getting to hold sweet baby Annie and snuggle with her. 
She is such a doll!


Finley and Claire both enjoyed dressing up and dancing around. 



My mom  brought Claire an adorable ballet costume and she couldn't stop twirling around. 
After getting all dressed up she said, "I am ready to marry Finley now". 
I don't know what Maryland laws are, but I am pretty sure these 2nd cousins aren't allowed to marry! 


I don't know what happened to the beautiful weather we had on Friday, but the rest of our trip was pretty darn cold! We had to bundle up to play outside and even then it seemed a little too cold to play out there. 


It was so cute to see these two interact. Last time we were with the Adams Family Finley wasn't talking so he seemed like such a baby. But after this trip he can't stop talking about cousin Claire!


Mimi and Annie. 
I think Mimi seems a little too anxious for another baby to be around don't you? 
ha ha ha


 Before we headed up to MD I told Finley we would be seeing baby Annie and that he had to give his paci's to her. I told him that she needed them because she is so little and he is a big boy. 
So before we left we got to give her the pacis. He was such a big boy to hand them over, but I think he thought he still had more at home. So far we are doing pretty good without them. (knock on wood)



My Uncle Mark, my mom's brother, also came up to MD from VA to visit with us. 
He was fresh off a trip from Hawaii! 
It was so nice to visit with my mom's side of the family. 


Even though is was cold outside we braved the weather and went to the park to get some energy out! 


The kids were great sports and luckily Linda had some warm jackets and hats to loan to us. 
I guess I should have paid more attention to the weather reports before I packed! But Finley did wear that purple hat like a champ. 


Cousin Linda and baby Annie. 


Claire pretending to be a 'hostage' as David called her. 


The weekend flew by so fast! Our 5 day trip seemed so quick. We had so much fun visiting Grammie & Abuelo, the Adams Family, Cousin Diana, Uncle Mark and Uncle Michael. 
I hope it isn't too long before we see them all again. They were amazing hosts and we had a blast. 
Our road trip was a success!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so fast at getting your blog updated!
We loved the pictures!
We had such a wonderful time visiting with you guys.
We love you so much and can't wait until Thanksgiving.

Love,
Grammie & Abuelo

carrie said...

I was just thinking the same thing! So on top of it, you are.

Yay! I'm glad the B & O Railroad got voted in the agenda!! Ü

Love the picture of Finley checking out the scenery during the train ride.

Greg and Nicolle said...

Looks like fun. We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Fin is adorable!!! Love, Aunt Trudy

Andrea said...

Yay for road trips! So fun to see that many loved ones in just a few days. Lucky.