Friday, January 20, 2023

New Year's Day Polar Plunge!

Our friends the Navarro's hosted another New Year's Day Polar plunge at their house!


Just a few days before New Year's Day the lake was frozen over from ridiculously freezing temperatures. We were lucky that the air temperature had warmed things up a bit! The high that day was 58, but the water temperature was 46 burr!


Our jumping crew! Unfortunately, Finley was home sick and wasn't able to jump with me this year. Luckily, I had my girls to jump with!


Jess went first!


Then me and Dabney.


The water was unbearable. Luckily, we just jump in and quickly jump back out! Having a fire right there to run to when you get out also helps to warm you up fast. 


 

The anticipation is painful!

 

But alas I did jump!


I was the only one from my family jumping today!


Kevin & Annie, and Grandpa Roger.

 

It's a crazy but fun tradition and I hope we can keep it going. Thanks for hosting us again Navarros! We are glad the weather cooperated and that we didn't have to break through any ice!  

 

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Y'all are nuts! I consider myself pretty adventurous, but this just looks like torture to me. Ha!